Friday 4 February 2011

Is this summer?

Bugger me it´s cold, and it´s summer... so they tell me. Arrived in Puerto Natales yesterday and the sun was out, it was a one fleece day - except for when we hit a big downhill or when in the shade - definately two fleece material then!

Had a crap night sleep after our neighbours talked half the damned night and a nearby house had an all night party, but we had no big plans for today apart from eating and sleeping so not a bad night for a broken nights sleep I reckon.

Today reminds me a dreary cold, wet Christchurch winters day. We awoke early as our biological clocks know nothing else on this trip, ate breakfast and headed into the deserted town in hunt for an open coffee shop to warm the innards and shelter from the freezing weather - not a bad day to have off as would be pretty miserable cycling.

Had a browse over our photos, so many stunning landscapes and memories already, would love to post some up on the blog, but unfortunately will have to wait until we return home. As Tina has already said, the last few weeks have been pretty hard travelling but have incredibly rewarding, funny how the two go hand in hand. Not too far to go now, but I am looking forward to the final couple of weeks heading mainly east and to the large Island of Tierra Del Fuego. My rear wheel is holding together just... lost count of the number of spokes I have broken now - at least a dozen. There have been plenty of opportuntities to buy a new one, but I love a challange and I see it as one to get it to the end - I can see Tina rolling her eyes at reading this, ha ha.

Anyway, nothing else to add apart from if you like cycling, can handle the cold and a bit of wind, like hills?, what are you waiting for? Patagonia is a fantastic place to tour...

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment